Today, I will treat you to ten random tidbits about yours truly.
- For the first time in my adult life, I have a matching set of dishes, thanks to a Christmas Gift. Up to this point, we’ve had a few of this kind of plate and a couple of that kind of plate. Now, I smile when I open my cupboard and see a stack of cheerful rainbow dishes sitting there.
- I have had my nose pierced for seventeen years now! Wow, does that seem like a long time! I’m not as “alternative” as I used to be, but I love wearing a hoop and can imagine myself being an old lady and still rocking the nosering!
- I have an awesome big sister named Stacy. We have so many great memories of our childhood and, looking back, we really did get along so well. I was a bit of a pesty younger sister, but the five year age difference didn’t keep us from having lots of fun!
- I am a bit of a compulsive reader. I’m not just talking about books, but also random things like the backs of shampoo bottles. This is why the internet can be such a dangerous thing for me. When I started hearing about the newest craze, Chia Seeds, I wanted to read up on them and ended up spending over an hour reading three dozen websites and all sorts of reviews on them. I may have passed this characteristic on to our Kaya, who tries to do things like fold laundry while reading a book.
- In August, our family got our first aquarium in response to Luna’s birthday request to have a pet fish. Little did I know how much I would come to love keeping and watching the little swimmers! I had heard that having an aquarium can reduce stress and now I believe it!
- This coming Sunday, I’ll be playing the djembe drum with our church’s Worship Team again. It is cathartic, in a way, to use a talent that culminated from my ol’ hippie partying days in a new way to worship our God.
- Last night, my husband had me laughing so hard that my sides were aching and I was gasping for breath. I love that something as silly as doing a seated tap-dance routine to a goofy song can crack us both up. Truth is, I am laughing again just picturing it in my head. :snicker:
- I am looking forward to getting some snow. To date, we’ve had just one day with enough snow to get out and sled, then it melted away again. I find this odd and a bit disconcerting. I like winter in New York and I love the cozy feeling of being in our warm house as the snow falls and builds up outside!
- For Christmas, Kaya bought me the sweetest little ceramic bird. On its belly, it says, “You’re so thoughtful.” The little birdy sits on my nightstand and I look at it every morning and throughout my day. It reminds me to do what I can to live up to this motto.
- It is already after ten in the morning and I need to get up and get motivated! My workout is done for the day, but I have a to-do list that includes my daily household tasks as well as bringing in the firewood that is stacked outside.
I hope you have a wonderful day!