…when the power suddenly went out around 8:00 last night.
- If you are sewing something by hand when the power goes out and you drop your needle when the 5 year old screams like a banshee, you will wish you had shoes on when you take a step to look for a flashlight.
- If your husband takes the flashlight earlier in the day, don't assume he will put it back in the right spot even though he is super organized and always has in the past.
- Make sure you have a stash of candles *with* a lighter right beside it. You can’t fall back on using the gas stove to light them if the power is out.
- When you ask your husband to call the electric company, your five year old *will* think that you're actually calling the kids on the PBS show.
- And lastly, little girls who are in their bedroom chatting in the glow of candlelight will stay up at least an hour later than they would on any other night.
Seems like I am not good at tending to the blog world when life gets busy. My posts are becoming less frequent and I haven’t been on Google Reader to read any blogs in days. I hope to get back into the swing of things soon, though!
I hope that this holiday season is full of joy and beauty for you!