- Outside of my window…. I am looking at the five inches of snow that fell yesterday. Last week, my girls were playing outside while wearing capris and t-shirts. I had windows open and clothes hanging on the line. We’ve been known to get snow well into April, so it really comes an no surprise. Eventually, warm weather will be here full force!
- The week’s successes… I have been enjoying my new and improved daily plans. I’ve challenged myself to check off as much of my to-do list as I can before noon. It has allowed me to have time to get some extra random organizing and tasks done in the afternoon and I love the feeling of accomplishment this gives me! We have had two little friends staying with us since Tuesday, so my girls haven’t wanted to play or read with Mama while they have playmates here. Once we’re back to life as usual, I am sure they will enjoy some planned special time, though.
- Prayer Request… Once again, I ask for prayer for my step-daughter, Nico. She was supposed to come here this weekend. Last weekend’s visit was cancelled because she had the flu. This morning, I received a text from her Mom that Nico will not be coming. There is a LOT of spiritual warfare going on and it is clear that Satan is going to do whatever he can to keep Nico away from us. So, please pray that Nico can have the strength and vision to see what is going on. Pray for Nico’s mother, who is a pawn in this situation, that she may do what is right. Lastly, pray for my husband and I. We are often brought to intense anger over this situation.
- Favorite quote of the week… As Jay left for work one morning, Luna gave him a hug and a kiss and said, “Bye, Daddy. I love you! I hope you’re a good boy today!” lol
- I am thankful for…. my Prayer Warrior friends, a sturdy house, soft beds to sleep on, food in the cupboards, the freedom to homeschool, a husband who calls to check on me when I am upset and a God who brings a sense of stability when life seems rocky.
- A Reminder… The two girls that I posted about yesterday from Precious’ project in Ghana are still available. If you’re one of the ladies who sponsored from GH220 in January, maybe this is something you could share with your friends and family. You are always welcome to link to any of my blog posts and you might be able to share a “precious connection” with someone that you know.
- My verses of the day:
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
Ephesians 6: 11-13
I’m going to suit up in some armor and burn off a bit energy while organizing a couple of clutter zones. Hope you are having a great day!