You may remember that I posted about BeadForLife in December. (You can read that post here.) I just love this organization and the work they’re doing to help women in Uganda make a living by making beautiful beads and beaded jewelry, along with shea butter products.
Did I mention that their products are beautiful?
Well, I just found out that they have these great Bead Parties where WE can help spread the word and sell these wonderful hand-crafted products. Many of the women who make the beads have been left as widows and struggled to merely survive when their husbands died. Being able to make an income by rolling beads has been a life-saving and life-changing opportunity. But, in order to make money, their product has to sell. This is where the Bead Parties come in.
Check out this link to learn how you can get involved. BeadForLife will send you, at no cost :
- Approximately 275 jewelry items (more for larger BeadParties)
- Shea Butter Soap and Peppermint Lip Balm
- Our inspirational DVD about the beaders, BeadforLife and how to roll a bead
- A CD “From the Heart of BeadforLife” with original Ugandan songs and music
- Educational materials and biographies of some of the beaders
- African recipes
- A pre-paid return label (so you can return what you don’t sell free of charge),
- And much more!
You can set up shop at your church, community center, neighborhood yard-sale, or any other place where people will be converging. This would be a great event to have before Mother’s Day! Promote giving gifts that make a real difference!
BeadForLife is currently running a March Out Of Poverty Challenge and they’re hoping to get 500 Bead Parties registered before March 31st. You can sign up and plan your party for anytime throughout the year!
Because I would love to spread the word about this organization, I am going to give away a promotional code good for $20 at BeadForLife!
There are two ways to enter:
1. “Like” BeadForLife on Facebook (by clicking here) and/or follow them on Twitter (by going here). Then, be sure to tell all of your FB or Twitter friends how awesome the company is and urge them to “like” or “follow” along with you! Come back and leave a comment telling me that you did both of those things!
2. Publish a blog post telling all of your readers about BeadForLife! Come back and leave a comment and share the link to your post!
You may enter this drawing twice, through the social networking aspect and by posting a blog post. I will put the names of all entrants into a big basket and have my Luna draw one name on Wednesday, February 2nd around noon EST. Be sure to check back Wednesday afternoon to see if you’re the lucky winner!