- Outside of the window… it is a grey and blustery morning. We’ve been out of birdseed for weeks, but the feathered cuties still show up every morning in hopes of finding breakfast. I’ll go and put out some cereal crumbs and peanuts after posting.
- Around the house… Kaya is having breakfast while my Little Pep Rally, Luna, is stomping and jumping around the living room. Tenth Avenue North is playing on the stereo.
- Our plans for the day…We will run some errands in town this morning and then visit the continuing care center later on. Hopefully we can get an hour or so of learning squeezed in during the middle of the day.
- Big News this week… Kaya lost a tooth on Monday, then another on Tuesday, and just to keep things exciting, she lost another one last night. Will she lose one today? Inquiring minds want to know.
- I am thankful for… the amazing group of sisters I have come to know through our church. I am truly blessed.
- I’ve been thinking of… the direction that this Christmas season has taken. I have a really hard time with the materialistic, present-focused aspect of the holiday. I have a hard time reconciling the fact that the average American child receives hundreds of dollars worth of “stuff” every year, while the average family in Rwanda manages to barely survive on less than $100 a year. It truly weighs on my heart. What comes to mind in something that Ann Voskamp said recently, “God gives the world enough of what it needs. He just doesn't distribute it. We will have to share. We're the ones who will have to do the distributing."
Finally, a few photos from the week:
Hope you all have a great day!!