- Nothing starts my day off quite like a kiss on the cheek from my husband and listening to him chat with my sweet-voiced 4 year old.
- I am pleased as punch with the attitude and effort my older girls put into their homeschooling.
- I finally broke through a plateau and am seeing the scale move in the right direction after a few weeks of eating a lot more raw, fresh fruits and veggies.
- We didn’t get any mail from Compassion today but I am eagerly awaiting a new, updated picture from Precious. (It showed up on my online account early last week.)
- I amazed my girls by reading the entire book Because of Winn-Dixie in less than an hour.
- It is 82 degrees outside and 84 degrees inside of our house right now. Yeah, that’s hot!
- I turned a big pile of tomatoes from Grandpa into home-made salsa. Not sure if I can really call it that because I didn’t have any cilantro to add. It is still yummy though.
- Black bean quesadillas and fresh not-quite-salsa is a great dinner for a steamy evening like this.
- My girls sure finish the post-dinner clean up in a flash when I tell them we’re headed to the beach as soon as they’re done!
- The kitchen and dining room are clean, so we’re headed to the beach! (So thankful to live less than 10 miles from a great beach!)
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Ten Things About Today
Blessed by your comments ~ Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies at 5:47 PM