On Saturday we went over to my sister's house for some fun in the pool and so that Luna could open her birthday presents from Grandma. She got a big barn playset with animals and tractors and little people and she loves it! She also liked playing in the pool with the exception of the big, black innertube my nephews were playing on. For some reason, she was scared of that and didn't seem to want it anywhere near her.
Luna has spent a lot of time this week, wrapped up in playing with the farm set and a little house and Calico Critters that one of my online friends sent to her.
We were able to get to the playground this week and it was a lovely day. Since my car was wrecked, the girls have been going through major playground withdrawl. In fact, a few times, Luna has been talking in her sleep about "paygownds" and they have been what she talks about when first waking in the morning.
Not too many of these old spinny things left in nearby playgrounds, but the girls love riding. As for myself, I got on and realized that my inner ear must not be what it used to be. I was about ready to fall over after a few revolutions and had to hop off.
Here's a few videos from this last week. First off, I was cracking up when I peeked out of the sunroom widows and found the girls all singing into sunflowers. The sounds quality isn't the best, but Luna was extremely enthusiastic with her singing.
And this morning, I couldn't help but laugh and grab the camera as Luna was reading.
Now, for today's run-down:
- Outside of my window... it is in the 50's, drizzling rain and cloudy skies and more trees are showing flashy orange leaves.
- In the kitchen... I am about to brew a cup of coffee now that Luna is down for a nap. On the stove there is a pan of peaches simmering in a syrup and it smells really good. We'll have the syrup and peaches over pancakes tonight or in the morning.
- I am hearing... cloth diapers in the dryer, Kaya watching Between the Lions, kittens running amok and the bubbling of the peaches.
- I am looking forward to... getting a call from the parents of one of Kaya's little friends to see if she can come over for a sleep over.
- I am worried about... Nico and her current struggles she is going through.
- I am happy about... Kaya's excitment with the 2nd grade workbooks she's started and her advances in writing skills.
- Today's plans... to finish up some laundry, list some more things on Craigsling and hopefully sell what we've already listed, play Memory with Kaya and help her organize her room a bit and wash the kitchen and dining room floors.