- I am hearing...Kaya and Luna as they play with their Calico Critters, complete with little, squeaky animal voices.
- I am seeing...the sun coming through the windows and that same Chickadee coming by every few minutes to peck at the glass.
- I am smelling...the woodstove going yet again because it was a chilly 60 degrees in the house this morning.
- I am thankful for...the fact that we homeschool yet again. This morning I read a heart-breaking story about a little 5 year old boy in Florida who was completely humiliated by his teacher. She had him stand in front of the class as each child said something about him that they didn't like. Then she had the students vote on whether he should be kicked out of the class. By a 14-2 vote, he was voted out of his class. Unbelieveable. You can read about it here: http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/may/24/30gtteacher-lets-students-vote-out-classmate-5/ While I know there are some great schools out there, I also know first hand how sometimes seemingly small issues in elementary school can impact a person well into their adult life.
- I am looking forward to....some warm weather. It is in the 40's outside today and I would love some 70's!
I'll add a few pictures. On Sunday, we were driving when Kaya spotted this goose family from the car window. We pulled over and watched them for a while and they were really cute. Jay has made awesome headway on the yard. I wish I had good before pictures because there is such a big difference! When we first moved in, pretty much everything you see in the these pictures was trees and scrubby brush and thorny bushes. There wasn't much yard to speak of. Jay cut down a few trees, lots of saplings, the thorny bushes and poison ivy. He dug out the stumps and then leveled eveything out. Now, we need to find a place for the leftover pile of dirt and roots and then get some grass seed laid out.